First of all, I don’t know who thought that taking a holiday that’s a holiday in one city that happens to house most of the federal government, placing that holiday just adjacent to a filing deadline, and then observing it in such a way as to make tax season take an extra three days was a good idea..
But they were wrong.
So, I’m still trying to recover, and I decided I wanted to play along with 5QF. Only, it was almost a week ago.
And I don’t care. I’m going to do it anyway.
I haven’t in a while, so to review, Five Question Friday comes from Mama M. and is pretty straight forward – she shares five questions, we share our answers and link up over at her place! Then we all pop around to see what other’s had to say. It’s a great way to discover new blogs, new friends, and have fun!
Today’s Last week’s questions are were:
1. What is your favorite sign of spring?
2. What was your best birthday ever?
3. What is your favorite dessert?
4. What is the best excuse you've ever used to get out of a ticket?
5. Do you wake up before your alarm, with your alarm, or after hitting snooze several times?
1. My favorite sign of spring? Easy. The end of tax season. It’s not really allowed to be spring until we’re allowed to come out and play! I know we’re getting close, though, when my tulips and crocuses begin to emerge.
2. Best birthday ever… My 22nd. We had found out just about a month prior that we were expecting, and I had my 1st prenatal appointment. We learned we were having a boy! (Yes. At the first appointment. I talk a little about that adventure here..) We also closed on our first home that day. Just a very positive, life-changing, holy cow I’m a grown-up sort of day.
3. My favorite dessert? I have to pick ONE? Maaaan. I have some serious sweet tooth issues, that’s hard. I love cherry cheesecake. And chocolate, but cherry cheesecake wins. At least today! Or cherry pie… Or, oh heaven help me, turtle cheesecake.
4. Honestly, I don’t guess I’ve ever done that. I have only ever gotten one ticket, and I’ve gotten a few warnings. I certainly thought I was going straight to jail one time, though, and got only a warning, and truth? I have NO idea why I didn’t get a ticket. I was 17 and a punk. My hair was green, my nose was pierced, and I was in Tennessee, driving my step-sister’s car WAY to fast. (Had recently split with a boy, and Alanis Morrissette’s “You Oughta Know” was on. I was on a roll.) So, I get nailed for speeding, and I’m digging for the registration and I can’t find it. I have at least 3 cans of Rave hairspray, a ton of photos, and a Sam’s Club case of tampons falling out of the glove box, but girl didn’t bother to put a registration in there anywhere. Yup. Convinced I was going to jail. Oh yeah – don’t forget my out of state driver’s license. Which, thankfully, had the same last name as that which the car was registered to when he ran the plates. And he just let me off with a VERBAL warning. I may never understand it.
5. I have a real hate-hate relationship with my alarm clock. As in I hate it, and it hates me back. It makes weird noises when I use my phone near it. It randomly decides to not go off on the worst possible mornings. And so, I beat it. Mercilessly. I am the master of the snooze button. I dislike mornings rather intensely, so waking up is about a 45 minute procedure for me.
Ok! That’s it. Stopping there so I can go try to catch up some more on blogs that I’ve been missing these last 4 months!