It’s been forever since I participated in Mama M.’s Five Question Friday! Today is pretty emotional for me, so I think it’s a good day to play along and not have to think hard, or cry much.
(It’s not a bad emotional. It’s a good one. Jeep finished 6th grade today, and will move on to middle school in August. I’m just struggling with the whole “Where did the time go!?” aspect of all that.)
If you aren’t familiar with 5QF, it’s an easy-peasy game to play along with. If you join us, be sure to click to today’s 5QF post and link up!
1. Do you wake before the alarm or stay in bed until the last possible second?
2. Who should get a baby shower? Is it just the first baby or all babies?
3. How will you spend Memorial Day?
4. Do you have a Storm/Hurricane/Tornado/Fire plan for your kids, house..?
5. What is your favorite morning drink?
1. Do you wake before the alarm or stay in bed until the last possible second? Sleep! I’m a HUGE fan of my snooze button. I then run through the house like a mad woman trying to make sure we’re really all ready to leave, but I’m not a morning person AT ALL.
2. Who should get a baby shower? Is it just the first baby or all babies? I think it’s situational. I ended up with showers for both boys, but part of that was because a friend knew that because the boys were so close in age and so off in seasons that I wasn’t going to be able to reuse a lot of Jeep’s stuff for Eli. She wanted to do it, and I didn’t fight her on it. (I did, however, get to bring Eli with me, since he showed up early. They all claimed it was their favorite shower ever since they got to pass the baby around while we were there!)
3. How will you spend Memorial Day? I’m actually meeting a client for a little bit tomorrow, but after that, it’s going to be a nice, relaxing weekend. We’re joining some friends for a cookout for a bit tomorrow, and we are hoping to do some pretty serious clearing out of stuff it’s time to get rid of, and maybe even get our new TV (that we got for Christmas.. sigh..) out of the box and mounted!
4. Do you have a Storm/Hurricane/Tornado/Fire plan for your kids, house…? Mostly. Everyone knows where to go in the event of severe weather or a fire. The part I’m working on now is “jump kits” for each member of the family. The kids are now old enough that they can have a role in our preparedness. I have a bag with essentials, but a true jump kit for our family of 5 plus 3 pets would require more than one person could carry or be responsible for. I’d like to have smaller kits of essentials for each of the kids, so that if we were separated (God forbid) they would be able to take care of themselves and their immediate needs easily until we could be reunited.
5. What is your favorite morning drink? Coffee. Lots of it. Black, strong and hot. I don’t function well before I have a good cup or two in me!
Ok! Just a few minutes left and my crew will be home from school, so I’m off to get things ready for tonight’s completion ceremonies! Have a fantastic holiday weekend.