I have LOTS of things I’d love for us to do over the summer. While I work outside the home, I have this great, flexible job that lets me have a lot of time with my kids, too. These are a few of the things I want to make be our summer bucket list priority items:
- Go camping: We have a great tent & lots of gear, but we rarely use it. I love to camp, but it just seems really overwhelming at times. No more excuses. I want to throw our stuff and the kids in the van and get all Nike about it – you know, just DO it!
- Take my kids fishing: This will probably coincide with #1, which is as it should be, but I want to be sure it’s on the list as it’s own item. This weekend is Fish For Free weekend in Indiana, and we may even try to sneak in a quick worm drowning then, but I really want us to get this in there somewhere.
- Visit my grandparents: I’m 32 years old, and three of my four grandparents are living. This is its own blessing, and I want to embrace it while I can. This is going to mean some road tripping, never a favorite, but oh so important!
- PURGE!: My house is full of things we don’t use, don’t need, don’t want. It’s gotta go. The sooner the better. I’ve started on this project, but it’s going to take a while. I’m trying to be realistic. :-)
- Be a Better Blogger: I want to write more consistently, and maybe (but only maybe) with some specific topics in mind. I say maybe because I’m kind of a random person, and I don’t want to feel like I’m confining myself to something specific. On the flip side, having specific topics might help with focus, which is good. We’ll see how it goes!
Ok, those are five things, all of which are very doable, that I want to do with my summer. Linking up with Working Mommy Wednesday!