I’m working on a post (which may have to become more than one in an effort to not bore you all to tears!) about our Florida trip that came right on the heels of our Virginia trip, but it’s not done. So, today I thought I’d hook up with the lovely Mama M. and play along with:
If you’ve never participated in 5QF before (or if it’s just been a while!), there are a few rules, but they’re easy! Copy the questions, answer them, and then link up at Mama’s! Be sure to include a link back to her in your post so that your readers can find more 5QF posts, and have fun!
1. Vow renewal ceremonies-yea or nay?Eh. Do I think it's nice to review those vows with your love? Yup. It's a good reminder. In the ins and outs of the every day, couples can get into a rut and forget to still be a couple. They're busy being mom's and dad's, employees, coaches, volunteers, friends, etc, and being a pair sometimes gets lost in the shuffle. Does there need to be a new big white dress and big ceremony? Nope. My husband and I were lucky enough to get to join my bestie when she got married in Hawai'i. There was just the four of us, and they had a beautiful, quiet beach ceremony. That same week, my husband and I, together, just the two of us, stood on the lanai overlooking Hanalei Bay and said our vows again. It was perfect, and personal, and if you're gonna do it, that's how *I* think it should be!
2. What sound/s annoy you the most?Can I just tell you how much I dislike the sounds made when eating? Isn't that awful? I cannot STAND to listen to people eat! All that lip-smacking and slurping and just eww.
3. If you had to pick, would you have only all boys, or only all girls for kids?Boys. Hands down. I was terrified I was going to have a bunch of girls. Well, I was afraid I'd have a bunch of GIRLIE girls. See, I don't wear make up much, my hair is usually in a pony tail (no braids, certainly not french braids and such. Can't do those.) I prefer jeans and t-shirts to about anything. If I had a daughter who wanted her hair done, and to wear dresses, and to be all girlie? I wouldn't know how! My girl is a reasonable blend, and we do ok, but boys just always felt like they'd be easier for me.
4. Do you believe in alternative medicine?I think it certainly has it's place. I also think it's been dubbed "alternative" by the pharmaceutical companies so that we are less likely to turn to that which has been documented to work for hundreds of years and costs $1.63 as opposed to their new super drug that will run you $347. The reality is that most of today's medicines are well rooted in and derivatives of ancient methods of healing. Are there advances that have a real positive in modern medicine? Sure! But I don't think one should completely ignore where it all stemmed from to begin with.
5. Would you take a family member's children and raise them if they needed it?In a heartbeat. Certainly over having that child(ren), my family, end up in the system, passed around like an old toy. Unless they, in some way, posed a physical threat to my own kids, they'd be welcome in our home.
So there you have it! Wanna link up? Pop on over to Mama M’s, check out other’s who have posted, and share your post!